Step one: Stay Calm
If anyone’s injured, call 911. Move the vehicles off the road if it’s safe to do so. Avoid discussing who’s at fault for the crash.
Step Two: Get the Details
Record the following for all the vehicles and drivers involved in the crash:
- driver’s name, driver’s licence no., province/state and contact info
- licence plate and year, make and model of vehicle
- insurance details if the vehicle isn’t from B.C.
Step Three: Eye- Witnesses
See if there were any witnesses. Record their names and contact info.
Step Four: Record the Details
Describe the crash scene (if possible take photos or use the diagram on the back):
- What was the time, date and weather conditions?
- What was the location?
- What direction were you both travelling?
- Where was your vehicle and what lane were you using?
- Where was the other vehicle?
Step Five: Dial a Claim
At Fenders we are here to help. Either call one of our team members direct at 250.769.1099 or contact ICBC Dial-a-Claim staff, who are also ready to help you 24/7: 604-520-8222 in the Lower Mainland 1-800-910-4222 anywhere in Canada or the U.S. Translation services available.